Saturday 26 October 2019

Pear Wood Pyrography Art Keepsake 'Autumns Tale'

This small slice of Pear wood was the perfect shape for my vision of Autumn embodied in the guise of a beautiful maiden passing through the woods..with golden leaves falling softly to the ground all around her. The night is clear, with bright moon and myriad stars to light her way. Beneath her feet ( on the base of the Keepsake) a hedgehog sleeps..
   Of course, although my mind sees these images in colour..there is a limit to wood, and so I wrote my poem to accompany the Keepsake :
               
                  Shall I tell you of the Moon in a diamond studded sky..
                  Bestow upon you blessings of My Lady passing by..
                  Give you golden leaves falling softly to the ground
                  As the world keeps gently turning
                  In it's endless sacred Round..




3 comments:

  1. Wundervoll! Kann ich Dich bei FB finden?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I love your work. I was wondering if you have a book or how to. I have an old detail master. I just stopped at woodcraft and bought a spoon tip. Then I saw that is your basic one you use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAh yes! I love a spoon tip! I don't have a book, although I keep being asked! Not really sure that I have much useful info to pass on - a lot of it is just about honing drawing and design skills. I do have a few tips about preparing your wood on here..but it's scattered, so you'd need to dig about a bit to find it..
    Many thanks for your interest!

    ReplyDelete