Monday 5 March 2012

Love-lore Tree Song

A few days ago my long awaited 'Little Minstrel' harp/lyre arrived from America and I have now used it to compose a simple song to go with my Love-lore Tree drawing. It is very easy to compose using this instrument as it is tuned to the pentatonic scale- a scale of five notes.
        Here are the words for my new song:

        Tie a red ribbon round the Love-lore Tree,
        Walk three times around her - your True love to see.
        Love-lore Tree! Love-lore Tree!
        Flowers pink and red -
        Show me now my True Love,
        The One whom I shall wed...

        Walking now together, round the Love-lore Tree,
        Hand-in-hand forever, my True Love and me.
        Love-lore Tree! Love-lore Tree!
        Flowers pink and red -
        Now I've found my True Love
        Tomorrow we'll be wed...

No comments:

Post a Comment