Thursday 7 July 2011

Introducing my Dharma artwork..........

        I've had a life-long passion for myth, legend and religion......and the wonderful and beautiful art that accompanies these belief systems, and this has always influenced my own art.  The strongest influence in recent years has come from my buddhist practice.......
        In 2001 I discovered Western Buddhism and threw myself into a buddhist lifestyle wholeheartedly.....Immersing myself in meditation, devotional practice and sacred buddhist texts had a very strong effect upon my entire being......and this was reflected in my artwork, and resulted in a series of gradually evolving drawings which I created over the next eight years. Working slowly whilst maintaining a meditative state, enabled me to create very highly detailed drawings using coloured pencil. It often felt as though these images simply appeared by themselves......rather than me deciding what to draw -  usually when I began a piece, I had no idea what the drawing was going to be.........

No comments:

Post a Comment